Friday, August 7, 2009
HP: LBOE - DADA Assignment
1) Which is the incantation one must say to repel a Dementor?
c. Braccium Immendo
e. Expecto Patronum
2) Name the three “Unforgivable Curses.”
* The Imperius Curse
* The Cruciatus Curse
* The Killing Curse
3) What is the name given to the language of snakes, which is usually associated with the Dark Arts but that Harry Potter can speak?
4) The ability to penetrate another’s mind and read their thoughts is…
c. Memory Alteration
5) What is the difference between a werewolf and an animagus?
A werewolf is someone that has been bitten and infected with lycanthropy. They have no choice but to change during the full moon. An animagus is a witch or wizard, that through transfiguration, can shift form into another animal at will. This animal is not necessarily a wolf form.
6) What Unforgivable Curse killed Harry Potter’s parents, the Riddle family and – in “Half-Blood Prince” – a certain main character?
The killing curse
7) What creature lurks in places where blood has been shed, waiting to attack unwary travellers?
8) How can a Petrified person be restored to their original state?
a. They can’t
b. Mandrake Draft
c. Pheonix Tears
d. Essence of Dittany
9) If a dementor kisses you, what has it done?
Consumed your soul
10) What is the name of a creature that is reanimated by a Dark Wizard to do his or her bidding?
11) Which is the incantation one must say to repel a Boggart?
c. Expecto Patronum
12) A Patronus by itself is not enough to repel a Dementor. What else is necessary?
a. A sad memory
b. A happy memory
c. A general memory
d. An angry memory
e. A confusing memory
13) The first basilisk is believed to have been bred by what wizard?
a. Uric the Oddball
b. Herpo the Foul
c. Emeric the Evil
e. Antioch Peverell
14) The ability to conceal one’s thoughts from external penetration is…
c. Mind Cloaking
d. The “GET THE HELL OUTTA MY BRAIN” Focusing Charm
15) What is the only cure to basilisk poison?
a. Essence of Dittany
b. Centaur Tears
c. Pheonix Tears
d. Unicorn Blood
Posted by Clara Clovenhoof at 1:52 PM