Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Here is my package in its entirety. Oogle it and take in its splendor ;) Ella certainly did spoil me well! I love absolutely everything!!!! :D Thank you so very much!
I got 4 balls of sock yarn! Woo hoo! Now I can get cracking on my first pair of socks. I love the colors of both types. The one has blues and greens and I think it is the self striping kind ;) The second set is way greener than it appears in the photo. In fact, it is a perfect Slytherin green with a hint of grey spun into it. Once I finish this post I am going to cast on my first pair of socks using this yarn :) The circ is just the perfect size to use the magic loop. Wish me luck!!! ;)Look at the pretty Slytherin color bags. Not only did I get 1, but I got 3 awesome project bags. They are just the perfect size to stuff in a WIP and toss in my purse so that my wallet doesn't attach itself to my yarn... yeah that has happened before.
There was so much... I had to turn this into two posts! Continue reading below...
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Roman equivalent of the Greed Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
c. Viktor... mmm Viktor
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
b. Chris Van Allsberg
c. Ezra Jack Keats
d. John Steptoe
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
a. The Flagrante Curse
b. The Thieves’ Downfall
c. Anti-summoning Enchantments
d. The Geminio Curse
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
a. Another Death Eater’s back
b. George’s wand hand
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
d. George’s face
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
a. James was older
b. 6 months
c. 1 month
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
a. Grimp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
c. Gamp’s Law of Fundamental Transfiguration
d. Grimp’s Law of Fundamental Transfiguration
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Should I post a teaser picture for you to oogle? I have some pictures of all the lovely gifts all wrapped and ready to go.
As always... Watch for updates ;)
Everything managed to fit in one box. Although my owl Stig was unable to carry it. He was just too small for the package. Instead it's being delivered by a lovely bird named Mara. Feel free to check her flight through USPS tracking code CP987257951US. Poor Mara has to fly all the way to Denmark although she should be there before the end of this month. Although the post says 6-10 days, you never know.
Mara left the country with her package to Kaae around 6am this morning. I hope she doesn't run into any problems while crossing the ocean. Hopefully she takes a rest somewhere in the EU once she reaches land again.
Mara has touched down in Denmark at 8:15 this morning. I'm not sure, but that is probably Kaae's local time so hopefully she should be getting the package when she arrives home today. :) Or maybe with the time difference, she already has!!!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
The ducks came back to our pond, these are the same ones that we have had for the past three years. These ducks were sweet, they knew who we were and would come close to you when you went outside. Then a few days ago I noticed another male on top of the neighbor's house. This is where all the trouble began. Yesterday morning there was a fight in our pond between three males. Since then I have not seen our mated pair. Yesterday afternoon a pair was in the pond, but it was not the usual one because they acted like they didn't know me. (the regular ones, see me and practically come running towards me) This morning there is just another lone male in the pond. I wish our backyard and pond did not become a territory argument. I miss our bonded pair. I really hope that they come back soon.