Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Look Look Look!!!


After many attempts to make my hands and my brain reconnect as to the right things to do so that I can once again knit... IT FINALLY WORKED AND... I'M KNITTING!!!
::happy dance::
::squee::
::happy dance::

I can do a long-tail cast on, and knit and purl in the Continental method! Even though I more dominant with my right hand, holding my yarn with my left hand is just more natural especially since I have been crocheting so much. I can not tell you how many times I have been attempting to get the hang of knitting again. I finally (after way too many tries) figured out that I was going wrong in my method. I have been trying the American way and it just felt way too cumbersome and I couldn't get the hang of things, which would lead to needles flying and me being pissed. Yesterday I nailed down the long tail cast on and Continental knit stitch through the help of a few books at home and some internet videos. Today I finally got the hang of the purl stitch and figured out what I was doing wrong. Even though it doesn't look like much, here is a tiny swatch of my CO, and 2x2 rib stitch! YAY!!!


Here is an extension I have 2x2, 3x3, and 1x1 all separated with rows of garter. I am so thrilled! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment