Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow Day!!!


Classes have been canceled... what to do? More like what to do first. ;)

I had to make sure that Athena was snuggly warm. It's not good for her to get cold. I made her a nice little nest with some hot water bottles and plenty of blankets. She loves to play in the blankets. It's like a cavern for her, always something new to explore.

After making sure that Athena was comfy and going to be entertained for a few hours, I decided to take a trip to the school's owlery to check on the baby owls and the others. I enjoy taking care of the owls; they really are sweet animals. When I got there, the owlery was not very warm and the owls did not seem happy. I made a fire in a cast iron pit to somewhat warm the area.

After leaving the adorable fluff-balls I made my way back towards the pit. I have plenty of fiber work to do. I hope no one really minds me stinking up the place with my wet sheep and dye smell. At least I am using lemon juice instead of vinegar (ick) so not everyone will want me dead.

I fear that I am going to lose this duel. The work is really kicking my butt. I am trying as hard as I can to get things right only to have to start over again. Wish me luck. There's always another time to try my hand at it agin. Who knows.

I hope Stig returns soon. I really do miss that ball of feathers when he is gone.

Better head back and check on Athena.

No comments:

Post a Comment